Shelley Nadel D’85 will invite you (virtually!) into her kitchen as she expands your knowledge of cooking AND financial essentials. Join us as Shelley helps us understand strategies to stop inflation from derailing your financial plan.Continue reading
Please join us on the road for two special Dartmouth in-person reunion celebrations for 24 classes (1960, ’61, ’65, ’66, ’70 ’71, ’97, ’80, ’81, ’85, ’86, ’87, ’90, ’91, ’95, ’96, 2000, ’01, ’02, ’09, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16) in New York City and San Francisco.
Visit https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/engage/reunions for more details and registration.
March 31, 2022
|The Pearl, 601 19th St, San Francisco, CA 94107|
New York City
April 27, 2022
|The Edison Ballroom, 240 W 47th St, New York, NY 10036|
Class Co-President Beth Hobbs reports: “I just got back from a wonderful fall homecoming weekend in Hanover. I gathered with classmates and friends on Friday night to celebrate our Dartmouth traditions—Dartoberfest, the Homecoming parade, Dartmouth Night and the legendary bonfire. The ’24’s and ’25’s circled the spectacular fire together as it crackled and warmed everyone on the Green. We tailgated with old friends and new before catching the Big Green taking on the Yale Bulldogs at Memorial Field. It was great to witness a very exciting win during overtime!
Another highlight was meeting up with our 1985 Endowed Class Scholar—Ignacio (“Nacho”) Gutierrez who hails from Mexico. Since he is already feeling the “cold” weather, we presented him with a Dartmouth hat and scarf. We will keep in touch with him throughout the year and share stories and videos with you.
Valerie Hartman and our Class Officer team have a great year planned–hope to see you at upcoming virtual and in-person events.”
Beth Hobbs put together this handy cheat sheet for Homecoming events.
Friday – 5-7 Alumni Tent in front of Alumni Gym for Dartoberfest beers. At 7:00, line up with class for Alumni Parade around Green, Dartmouth Night and Bonfire. No Top of the Hop. Alumni Tent beers start up again at 9pm.
Saturday – 11-1 Parent and Family Tent by tennis courts. 1:00 Yale Game. 4:00-6:00 Alumni Reunion Event for classes that held virtual reunions. Classes included close to ours are ’79, ’80, ’81, ’86, ’87s.
Finally, free swag at Blunt 2-5 Friday/9-11 Saturday and for 1769 DCF folk 10-12 Saturday in front of Parkhurst/or at game under goal posts.
Let’s light up the holidays together as a community and toast to new beginnings for 2021!
Listen in to hear holiday traditions from featured alumni ’round the girdled earth that you can incorporate into your own celebrations. And enjoy a conversation with Donald Pease, Professor of English at Dartmouth, and filmmaker Chris Meledandri ’81 about his recent film adaptation of the Dr. Seuss classic, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Following the speaking program, join us for a live virtual party hosted by Cheryl Bascomb ’82, Vice President for Alumni Relations,and filled with shared stories of optimism and hope, joy, and laughter.
Thanks to the magic of clustered reunions, we’ll be celebrating our official 35th Reunion next year, June 17-20, 2021. But as you know, it’s been 35 trips ’round the sun for us post-Dartmouth, and we deserve a little pre-reunion celebration to mark the occasion. Perhaps the College developed this awesome set of pre-union activities for those alums whose reunions this year were cancelled, but that doesn’t mean we can’t virtually party like it’s 1985. So click on through and check out the activities June 14-20.
It all starts with a virtual commencement on Thursday, then there are seminars on all manner of topics, from cooking to athletics. You can watch the new movie Early Daughters of Dartmouth: Blazing the Trail to Coeducation 1969-1972, and join a discussion of the film. And of course, there are opportunities to hear from Dartmouth administration and faculty.
Homecoming: Oct. 11-12
Here’s our Class schedule:
1. Dartmouth Night Parade – Friday night (tonight!) – gather/line up with our class and others at 6:45pm down by the backside of the stadium for the Dartmouth night parade at 7:15pm. This is for ALL 85s and families/friends/animals/pets etc!😜
2. Clustered mini-reunion (85s joined by 86s and 87s) – Salt Hill Pub on Friday night (tonight!) at 8:30 pm (post bonfire) – come celebrate Dartmouth Night and the launch of our clustered mini-reunion effort which will connect our classes for the next 2 years leading up to our clustered 35th in June of 2022!
3. Fab Four Tailgate – Saturday morning (tomorrow) from 11 am- 1:45pm – Zimmerman lounge in Blunt Alumni Center – come join the classes of ‘82, ‘83 and ‘84 as we celebrate homecoming and Dartmouth football pre-game. With food and drinks, we’ll hear from the acapella group the Rockapellas at noon and keep the party going until kick-off. Bring family and friends!
4. Dartmouth Football v. Yale – Saturday afternoon (tomorrow) on Memorial Field – kick-off @1:30pm – (ask to be seated in the 85 section when you buy your tickets)!!
- Friday, October 11: 4-5:30 pm: Film Screening: Early Daughters of Dartmouth – Blazing the Trail to Coeducation, location TBD
- Friday, October 11, 5-7 pm; DARToberfest; Tent, Alumni Gym Lawn, Hanover, NH
- Friday, October 11, 7 pm, Alumni and Dartmouth Students Gather for Parade, Ceremony & Bonfire on the Green, Corner of Crosby and Lebanon streets
- Friday, October 11: 9 pm: Alumni & Families Tent on the Green
- Saturday, October 12: Call to Serve Project, Room 007, Kemeny Hall, Hanover; 9:00am to 10:00am (come help assemble bags of non-perishable food items to be donated to students in need living in the Upper Valley) https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/events/call-serve-project
- Saturday, October 12: Coffee and Donuts with Women of Dartmouth; Common Ground, Collis; 9:00am to 10:00am EDT
And don’t forget the ’85 block for football at Yankee Stadium vs. Princeton in New York next month!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11TH to purchase your tickets to Dartmouth Football at NYC’s Yankee Stadium in the Class of 1985 block. Click HERE for more details, instructions, and 85 pre-game tailgate information!
(your Class of 1985 mini-reunion co-chairs)
Yankee Stadium versus Princeton
- Saturday, November 9
- Thursday, November 7, 5:30-7:50, Dartmouth Club of NY, Future of Work in Sports SymposiumFriday, November 8, family event: Spider-Man screening, Directors Guild of America Theater, NYSaturday,
- November 9, Dartmouth run thru Central Park, Southwest corner, 9 am
- Pre-game tailgate: Billy’s Sports Bar, 856 River Ave., The Bronx, NY https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/events/pre-game-tailgate-dartmouth-headquarters
In this issue:
-Dartmouth Homecoming 2018
(Oct 26-27) – Please come!
-The Head of the Charles
(Oct 19, 20, 21) – ’85 gathering on Saturday, Oct 21
-Dartmouth Football @ Columbia (Oct 20)
-Letter from Joe Riley ’85, our Class President
-Picture from Class Officers Weekend (COW)
-Picture from Boston’s Women of Dartmouth Fall Apple Picking event
Click here to read more about the Dartmouth Entrepreneur’s Forum in San Francisco, a ghost tour (!), class officer’s weekend, and more.