Twelve ’85 friends reconvened in a tricked out Mid-Century modern AirBNB house in Palm Springs, CA to celebrate over four decades of friendship and their 60th birthdaysContinue reading
AXΩ Trip to Spain and Marrakech
1985’s Connect at SF Regional Reunion
While our virtual reunion in June last year was a fantastic opportunity to reconnect, visit with old friends, and do all the reunion things, it was lacking in, um, real-world presence. Dartmouth is trying to make it up to at least some of us by hosting Regional Reunions in San Francisco and New York this year. The San Francisco event drew ’85s from the Bay Area for some good old-fashioned camaraderie. Josh Alwit, Jill Morgan, Joe Niehaus, Lauren Sonstrom Rosen, and David Rosen all enjoyed the evening.
Homecoming Events Cheat Sheet
Beth Hobbs put together this handy cheat sheet for Homecoming events.
Friday – 5-7 Alumni Tent in front of Alumni Gym for Dartoberfest beers. At 7:00, line up with class for Alumni Parade around Green, Dartmouth Night and Bonfire. No Top of the Hop. Alumni Tent beers start up again at 9pm.
Saturday – 11-1 Parent and Family Tent by tennis courts. 1:00 Yale Game. 4:00-6:00 Alumni Reunion Event for classes that held virtual reunions. Classes included close to ours are ’79, ’80, ’81, ’86, ’87s.
Finally, free swag at Blunt 2-5 Friday/9-11 Saturday and for 1769 DCF folk 10-12 Saturday in front of Parkhurst/or at game under goal posts.
Don’t miss the Homecoming Events this weekend!
Homecoming: Oct. 11-12
Here’s our Class schedule:
1. Dartmouth Night Parade – Friday night (tonight!) – gather/line up with our class and others at 6:45pm down by the backside of the stadium for the Dartmouth night parade at 7:15pm. This is for ALL 85s and families/friends/animals/pets etc!😜
2. Clustered mini-reunion (85s joined by 86s and 87s) – Salt Hill Pub on Friday night (tonight!) at 8:30 pm (post bonfire) – come celebrate Dartmouth Night and the launch of our clustered mini-reunion effort which will connect our classes for the next 2 years leading up to our clustered 35th in June of 2022!
3. Fab Four Tailgate – Saturday morning (tomorrow) from 11 am- 1:45pm – Zimmerman lounge in Blunt Alumni Center – come join the classes of ‘82, ‘83 and ‘84 as we celebrate homecoming and Dartmouth football pre-game. With food and drinks, we’ll hear from the acapella group the Rockapellas at noon and keep the party going until kick-off. Bring family and friends!
4. Dartmouth Football v. Yale – Saturday afternoon (tomorrow) on Memorial Field – kick-off @1:30pm – (ask to be seated in the 85 section when you buy your tickets)!!
- Friday, October 11: 4-5:30 pm: Film Screening: Early Daughters of Dartmouth – Blazing the Trail to Coeducation, location TBD
- Friday, October 11, 5-7 pm; DARToberfest; Tent, Alumni Gym Lawn, Hanover, NH
- Friday, October 11, 7 pm, Alumni and Dartmouth Students Gather for Parade, Ceremony & Bonfire on the Green, Corner of Crosby and Lebanon streets
- Friday, October 11: 9 pm: Alumni & Families Tent on the Green
- Saturday, October 12: Call to Serve Project, Room 007, Kemeny Hall, Hanover; 9:00am to 10:00am (come help assemble bags of non-perishable food items to be donated to students in need living in the Upper Valley) https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/events/call-serve-project
- Saturday, October 12: Coffee and Donuts with Women of Dartmouth; Common Ground, Collis; 9:00am to 10:00am EDT
And don’t forget the ’85 block for football at Yankee Stadium vs. Princeton in New York next month!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11TH to purchase your tickets to Dartmouth Football at NYC’s Yankee Stadium in the Class of 1985 block. Click HERE for more details, instructions, and 85 pre-game tailgate information!
–Valerie Hartman ’85 and Todd Cranford ’85
(your Class of 1985 mini-reunion co-chairs)
Yankee Stadium versus Princeton
- Saturday, November 9
- Thursday, November 7, 5:30-7:50, Dartmouth Club of NY, Future of Work in Sports SymposiumFriday, November 8, family event: Spider-Man screening, Directors Guild of America Theater, NYSaturday,
- November 9, Dartmouth run thru Central Park, Southwest corner, 9 am
- Pre-game tailgate: Billy’s Sports Bar, 856 River Ave., The Bronx, NY https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/events/pre-game-tailgate-dartmouth-headquarters
Shades of Green – Spring 2019
Spring has sprung and another Shades of Green hits the presses! In this issue: part 2 of our visit with classmates in the Earth, Energy, and Environment fields and much, much more. Click through to our website to download or watch your mailbox!Continue reading
News & Events Newsletter – Homecoming Edition!
In this issue:
-Dartmouth Homecoming 2018
(Oct 26-27) – Please come!
-The Head of the Charles
(Oct 19, 20, 21) – ’85 gathering on Saturday, Oct 21
-Dartmouth Football @ Columbia (Oct 20)
-Letter from Joe Riley ’85, our Class President
-Picture from Class Officers Weekend (COW)
-Picture from Boston’s Women of Dartmouth Fall Apple Picking event
Burgers, Beers, and Basketball on the Upper West Side
Join Jason Kaplan ’85, Gary Ryan ’85, and fellow ’85s for the Dartmouth-Columbia Men’s Basketball Game on Saturday, February 3rd.
c/o Office of Alumni Relations
Hanover, NH 03755
Fenway Football Fun
Lots of ’85s braved the cold to watch the backs go tearing by, sigh, and cheer alongside Brown tears at Fenway Park.
[justified_image_grid ng_gallery=12 ng_lightbox_gallery=yes]