A lemony chicken soup for chilly nights, or any night!
- 1 leek (white part only), chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large boxes chicken stock (free range / organic)
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 chicken thighs (with skin & bones)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup rice
- carrots, sliced rather thin
- fresh dill, chopped
- fresh lemon juice (1-3 lemons)
Saute chopped leek and chopped onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, and drop in chicken breasts and chicken thighs. Cook thoroughly (about 20 minutes), then remove chicken.
Add rice and carrots to boiling stock. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Shred chicken breasts with a fork (save chicken thighs for another use) and add shredded chicken back into stock.
Add fresh dill and fresh lemon juice to taste.